• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R Ordered a 23YM CB650R, Would installing an older akra exhaust be feasible or harmful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baalor

CB650R ABS
Dec 2, 2021
Riding Since
Hi everyone,

First off, apologies if this info is already somewhere in the threads or if I am putting this question in the wrong place, I looked for the info but could not find it, and I am in a bit of a rush to make a decision as the dealer is waiting on me, and we all know how hard is to get one of these.

After years of dreaming and saving , I finally put a deposit down for my 23YM CB650R.
It should arrive in the next few weeks.

I would like to have it fit from factory (dealer) with a akra exhaust.
I am not after power gains, I just like the look, its weight and I am after the sound gains as I want the deep sound down low.

Unfortunately, the only one available for the 2023 model is the race one with no catalytic converter (S-H6R11-AFT).
The dealer is really giving me a massive discount on it, but it is something I do not feel right doing, especially as it seems there is no possibility of installing a separately bought cat.
In Ireland it does not seem an issue as bikes do not seem to be checked as in other countries, so I could ride with the illegal decat no problems.

I am wondering could I buy the considerably more expensive exhaust for the previous year model, but it a least has the catalytic converter and it is road legal.
If anyone knows would this cause any errors with the CPU?
Would the older exhaust fit and work no problem?
Could a cat be added to the S-H6R11-AFT at all?

This is the link to the exhaust in question: S-H6R11-AFT

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom