• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

2023 Yoshimura CB650R / CBR650R Tail Tidy

viotek

CB650R
Jun 20, 2023
Riding Since
Just got the new 2023 Yoshimura tail tidy today. Long story short, it's fantastic. A few minor issues I'll mention.

- Getting the whole assembly lined up and bolted together, is a bit of a pain, but nothing terrible.
- I'd suggest they supply larger washers for the back of the turn signals. I added some slightly larger ones, and they greatly reduce the wobble you get on the signals due to the rubber mounts.
- I might fab a small shroud idea for the top at the backside, to help hide the wires better, but that's more me being a perfectionist than anything.
- I would have like to have seen an OEM connector and appropriate length cable for the plate light. I cut the wires on the factory light at a point where it would be hidden inside the factory tail if someone ever wanted to put that monstrosity back on.

Other then that, the packaging was fantastic. Finish is flawless. Plate light is bright. No need to modify North American plate. Very pleased!

IMG_0524.jpg

JH09

CB650R ABS
Jul 29, 2020
Riding Since
yes, i have that same tidy, had the same issues you mentioned. no issues after a few years of use.

jets looking better, hope they get a haul for hellebuyck!

m650

CB650F
Aug 1, 2023
Looks super nice! Cleans up the under-tail real nicely

Im tempted to buy the carbon fiber one from 007plate.com. It's a fender eliminator and a plate flipper in one. Kinda pricy though

Rogue

CBR650F ABS
CBR650F
Sep 3, 2017
St Albans, Herts, UK
Surely this is illegal, even in the US?
Even in the UK I do not think there is any explicit law banning you from buying, owning or even installing a number plate "flipper" on a vehicle. It is only illegal to "use" it. The actual offence being not displaying or obscuring your number plate

Top Bottom