• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CB650R ABS and traction control indicators are permanently ON after a maintenance

prasto

CB650R ABS
Feb 29, 2024
Riding Since
Hi guys, need an advice. I have a CB650RA 2019.
The bike was in a moto service for a bigger maintenance. The fuel tank was disconnected (for color change), break pads were changed, oil, filters, cooling, etc...

After I got the bike back, during riding, both ABS and traction control indicators are permanently ON. I guess many sensors were unplugged during the service.
Does it just need some reset or something?

I of course will go back to the guy who worked on the bike, but I am curious about this. If it can happen, is it normal, what could be the issue?

Thank you in advance for any insight :)

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Hi guys, need an advice. I have a CB650RA 2019.
The bike was in a moto service for a bigger maintenance. The fuel tank was disconnected (for color change), break pads were changed, oil, filters, cooling, etc...

After I got the bike back, during riding, both ABS and traction control indicators are permanently ON. I guess many sensors were unplugged during the service.
Does it just need some reset or something?

I of course will go back to the guy who worked on the bike, but I am curious about this. If it can happen, is it normal, what could be the issue?

Thank you in advance for any insight :)
It’s not normal and I would say if they changed brake pads they probably disturbed one of the ABS sensors. The wiring is somewhat fragile and the sensors are VERY picky with placement.

Take it back.

Top Bottom