• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

CBR650R Austin Racing aftermarket exhaust

Furyee

CBR650R ABS
Sep 25, 2020
Riding Since
I was looking around for an aftermarket exhaust to put on my cbr 650r, and I've found this that I absolutely love.

Is there any way to install it without the removal of the cat? If no, can it be installed in any way while still keeping the cat (different header, some adapter, etc..)? I live in the EU, so I don't feel like paying a fine for not having a cat installed, I'd rather just pay more up-front, and buy additional parts if needed.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Last edited:

baugustine

CBR650F
Staff
May 21, 2016
Ventura, CA
If you click the EXHAUST tag you added, there are several threads with pics where other riders kept the original cat (welding required)

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
thank you for your help, and sorry for the unnecessary thread :)
No reason to be sorry at all and no worries about the thread. :)

The mods close/link/direct/tag threads to help people out so that when people search they don't get 50 threads that go nowhere and instead all the exhausts/oil/suspension/windscreen/tire/PCV/lever/etc. (you see where I am going with this) threads are relevant and give the correct, helpful info. They get a lot of backhanded comments and pissy people (not saying you are at all) with people not liking that but it's an attempt to keep things orderly and easier to find. If you go to most sites and look for a pipe you will find HUNDREDS of threads, all saying the same thing or drastically different things, neither are good ways of finding info.

Hope that makes sense to everyone and explains the whys.

revcounter

CBR650R ABS
Jun 14, 2023
Riding Since
Guys I just bought a cbr650r with stock exhaust system.
I'm interested in removing the CAT and bolting a slip onto the remaining original pipework.

What I'm wondering is does anyone know the diameter of the stock pipe left over that used to slip over the CAT or the diameter of the AR slip on pipe that connects onto the now cut left over stock system.

Here's a picture of the pipe in question.

I ask as I see many slip ons available nowadays at a fraction of the price of the AR system for the cbr650r but I'm unsure as to whether or not they will fit over this pipe.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Top Bottom