• Has your topic been discussed? Check this quick video for search tips. You answer/info might already be waiting!

Fitting bar ends. It's it worth it to reduce the vibration?

John Jive

CBR650R
May 10, 2023
Riding Since
I'm going to attempt to fit R & G bar ends to my CBR650R this weekend.
Before I do it, has anyone else fitted them and was it worth it please?

Thank you for

Brian C.

CBR650R ABS
Nov 26, 2021
Northwich
Riding Since
From the write up on the site these are simply bar end protectors, they don't do anything the OEM ones don't?
According to the website:
Helping to protect expensive levers and clip ons from damage in the event of a drop, crash or slide.

Easy to install they simply screw-in-place of the OE bar ends taking only seconds.

From this I believe these are purely an aesthetic upgrade? if you like to look of them, mission accomplished!
If you are looking to reduce vibrations I can't see these would make any difference? As they seem to screw into the existing weights?

John Jive

CBR650R
May 10, 2023
Riding Since
From the write up on the site these are simply bar end protectors, they don't do anything the OEM ones don't?
According to the website:
Helping to protect expensive levers and clip ons from damage in the event of a drop, crash or slide.

Easy to install they simply screw-in-place of the OE bar ends taking only seconds.

From this I believe these are purely an aesthetic upgrade? if you like to look of them, mission accomplished!
If you are looking to reduce vibrations I can't see these would make any difference? As they seem to screw into the existing weights?
Thank you for your post

I've also posted this elsewhere and had a couple of positive comments saying they helped.

miweber929

CBR650F
650 Alumnus
Staff
Feb 13, 2015
Woodbury, MN
Riding Since
Helped what, vibration? As Brian C. @Brian C. said I don’t see they would help much considering they don’t seem to be much, if any, heavier than stock. Which model are you looking at, heavy, slider, OEM style?

Cil

CB650R ABS
Feb 14, 2024
Riding Since
Fitted the new bar ends today and the vibration is less.
Wholly recommended 👍
Any noticeable effect on handling? I'm trying to decide between two - aluminum Vs stainless steel. The latter is obviously markedly heavier.

Comparing the stock bar ends (CB650R) which I weighed at approximately 290g each end (including inner bars), the aluminum will come in at 298g each end, so a slight increase - or the stainless at 450g each end.

BIG6105

CBR650R ABS
Apr 19, 2022
Riding Since
Fitted these to mine , weight reduction & look the nuts !!!

Attachments

• IMG_9528.png
    IMG_9528.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 7

John Jive

CBR650R
May 10, 2023
Riding Since
Any noticeable effect on handling? I'm trying to decide between two - aluminum Vs stainless steel. The latter is obviously markedly heavier.

Comparing the stock bar ends (CB650R) which I weighed at approximately 290g each end (including inner bars), the aluminum will come in at 298g each end, so a slight increase - or the stainless at 450g each end.
I didn't notice any issues whatsoever

Top Bottom