neeeeeeext

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
250 Ninja Keihin refurb completed today, I'll spare the photos.......next on the hit parade...old Honda CX650 Keihins again, though way different

cx1.jpg

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
Yessir. I didn't want to bore the forum (nor abuse bandwidth) posting numerous before/after pics. After complete disassembly, individual components safely machine cleaned. Ultrasonic, special chemical bath and/or soda blast (or combinations) depending on various factors.
Priority to restore while avoiding any damages whatsoever. Many of these old carb components are NLA. I remain careful, cognizant and respectful of what I'm dealing with. No drinkin'..... :happy: While in my possession, treated as if they were my own.

Anyways, I can understand lack of interest in carburetors on this late model Honda forum. But if my services appeal to any multiple bike owners in need of carb repair/resto, don't hesitate to contact me. Dirt bikes, ATV's, singles, twins, multi's, vintage auto too.

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
Another set of 250 ninja completed today. I can't get carbs any fresher looking than these. Immaculate, as clean on the inside as outside. Fully functional, bolt-ons .....all new consumables, careful set up and wet tested perfect fuel levels.

cev9.jpg

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
Been doing small equipment repairs for a large, commercial landscape outfit. Ongoing. Blowers, hedge trimmers, weed whackers, finish one, get another. Tiny, little 2 cycle Walbro carbs totally different, lotta dormant, non starters. These things so tiny require near microsurgery. I'm in a fun yet challenging learning curve predicated by different design, procedures and diagnostics of these things.
A set of CB400T carbs in the house, too.

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
A (formerly) clogged tiny Walbro "check valve" (actually a main jet) under repair. Microsurgery. A 10mm socket shown for reference, the black circle is the check valve diaphragm. Both needed clearing/cleaning. Very tiny detail work, the valve is carefully pressed into (and out of) the body (as opposed to screwed in like a traditional jet)
As these tiny little carbs can go for up to $160......we fix, not replace. Cost? Nuthin', included within my basic service fee. And carb kit under $10!

walbro4.jpg

Last edited:

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
On the '78 CB400 found a cracked spill pipe, replacement imperative. I copied tube height and spill opening to original spec. Not a bad job, eh?

cb4-11.jpg

ducatiman

Vendor
CBR650R
Jul 27, 2019
New York
Earning my keep while subjecting myself to abuse....mid 80's GL1200 Honda Gold Wing rack up on the bench for refurb. Look like fun?

g1.jpg g3.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom